In 1915, Indiana Freemasons founded the Indiana Masonic Home for children in need. Originally, provision was made to accommodate 50 adults and 60 children. Basic structures were planned – the Administration Building with guest rooms for adults, a residence hall for boys, residence hall for girls, hospital and service building. One year later, on Oct. 28, 1916, IMH was dedicated and the first resident moved in. Additional housing for adults soon became essential. On June 4, 1917, contracts were completed for additions to both the east and west wings of the Administration Building. From 1916 through 1975, IMH housed and cared for 816 children. Many of those “home kids” are living here today in their retirement. There is an active alumni association.